follow up seminar
The goal of the seminar is to develop a co-operation network of north west heritage projects who can support each other through new approaches in areas such as communications/social media, fundraising, project management and joint events.
The seminar programme will include:
- 11.15 Presentations and guided tour on the steam tug/tender "Daniel Adamson", moored in Canning Half Tide Dock (in front of the Merseyside Maritime Museum) which is being restored through a £3.8M Heritage Lottery Fund;
- 12.30 - 13.30 Lunch on Daniel Adamson, followed by continuation of Seminar in Merseyside Maritime Museum;
- 13.30 Dan Cross, Chairman of Daniel Adamson and invited speakers on building a project network, co-operating on skills and new techniques including contributions on Heritage Alliance and Giving to Heritage, and on bringing marine, rail and road together in joint events.
- 14.30 Expert Panel - Challenges and Opportunities for IMT preservationists - including Ian Murphy, Deputy Director and Curator, Maritime History, National Museums, Liverpool, Adam Tyson, Heritage Lottery Fund (national IMT Lead), John Megoran, Director of Waverley Excursions and Chairman PS Kingswear Castle Trust, Bob Pointing, Chair, North West Partnership, Canals and River Trust and speakers from Transport Trust and Maritime Heritage Trust
- 15.00 Open discussion and questions from participants to the Expert Panel
- 16.00 Concluding remarks - David Morgan, Chairman, Maritime Heritage Trust and Dan Cross, Chairman, Daniel Adamson
Please bring your questions, issues and concerns to this event - there will be good time for discussion. We are particularly grateful to the Daniel Adamson Preservation Society and to Merseyside Maritime Museum for hosting this event.
A report on the day can be read here
- Daniel Adamson & Merseyside Maritime Museum
- Channing Dock
- L3 4AQ